Deprecated: wp_make_content_images_responsive is deprecated since version 5.5.0! Use wp_filter_content_tags() instead. in /home/tinloo1/test.saturdaykids.com/wp-includes/functions.php on line 5211
By the end, kids are not only introduced to important programming concepts in a gentle visual programming interface, they’ll apply their learnings in tackling a chosen UN Sustainable Development Goal. Kids get to understand how their code & hardware creations play an important impact in the world around them. The possibilities are ENDLESS!
Keepin’ it Short & Snappy
- 5-Day Online Holiday Camp (2hrs 20 mins/day)
- Coding + Hands-On
- Visual coding interface: Perfect for young kids
- Continue the Learning: Keep your micro:bit set for future tinkering!
- Requires Start with Scratch or equivalent block-based programming experience
This is a BBC micro:bit, a “pocket-sized micro-computer” designed by BBC for computer education in the UK that allows you to create super cool inventions.
This holiday, we’ll be embarking on 5 days of creative coding using a simple block editor interface and the Micro:bit to create…
An innovative LED display.
A Game Dice. And many more along the way!
We’ll also be taking a close look at the Micro:bit’s various functions – from its sound output to its various sensors (light, touch and temperature).
Kids will learn not only to code, but they’ll also be applying their new found programming superpowers to tackle a variety of real world projects – specifically, the 17 UN Sustainable Goals by 2030.
This all culminates in a final project where kids get to solve a problem from 1 of the 17 UN Sustainable Goals, and code their creations to life using the Micro:bit.
Find out what real world problems your child will be striving to solve through the power of code this holiday.
Your child will require:
- A computer or laptop with a working webcam and microphone, in order to participate in class and for our instructor to check their understanding. Kindly avoid sharing devices.
- Internet speed of 25Mbps or above. You can check your internet speed here.
- Familiarity with basic computer functions, such as typing on a keyboard, using a mouse, switching between desktop apps and navigating a browser (opening a new tab, entering URLs)
- To install Scratch-Micro:bit before the first class. Please download it here.
- Google Chrome as their default web browser. You may download it here.
- Installing Zoom is recommended for a smoother learning experience. You may do so here.
(For macOS computers, please enable these permission settings)
- We also recommend that you have an adult member of your household standing by for the first 45 mins of the first class to assist with any technical difficulties that may arise.
No lectures. No memorisation. No ONE right answer. Like real life, we're all about trying things out yourself, failing, figuring what went wrong & trying again. These are the skills & mindset that will last a lifetime and how we learn in real life. Let's get kids to learn how to learn. Because the kids who learn to learn become curious, inventive, resourceful human beings who solve real world problems to make a meaningful impact.